We all need our daily dose of the information highway. This post is a list of some of my top 5 lists. Here we go.
Top 5 Podcasts/Online Videos
- HanselMinutes (Audio) – Podcast by Scott Hanselman, hosted by Carl Franklin, discussing no-nonsense, quick and dirty, tech topics.
- .Net Rocks (Audio) – Richard Campbell and Carl Franklin talk to a variety of guests always discussing .Net related tech topics.
- Asp.net Podcast (Audio/Video) – Wallace B. McClure and Paul Glavich cover a variety of topics related to Asp.Net (of course).
- ARCast (Audio) – Hardcore Architecture Podcast by Ron Jacobs
- Windows Weekly (Audio) – Paul Thurrott talks about all things Windows
Top 5 Sites/Blogs
These are sites which sit as shortcuts on my toolbar, and I visit them at least once a day.
- ComputerZen – Personal blog of Scott Hanselman. He always has something interesting on his blog ranging from Sign Language to Silverlight.
- Worse Than Failure – We all make mistakes while programming, but this website lists errors which cannot be attributed to simple mistakes. Some of the incidents on this site had to have had some paranormal intervention
- Neopets – huh, what’s a kid site doing here? Well, it’s a great stress-buster with loads of flash games (for times when you don’t really want to crank up your Xbox 360). It is also one of the stickiest sites on the internet.
- ScottGu’s Blog – Scott Gutherie’s blog. Scott manages the Asp.Net, CLR, WPF, IIS, and Windows Forms teams at Microsoft (among others). Needless to say, his blog would be interesting to any .Net developer.
- StumbleUpon – Well, not really this site. I use the stumble toolbar to stumble upon a random site at least once every day. The web is all about discovery, isn’t it? And you don’t always know what you are googling.
Top 5 RSS Feeds
For the record, I use RSS Bandit to get my feed. I subscribe to many feeds, but the unread count always remains zero for the following feeds. Also, note that I am not including the feeds to the blogs mentioned in the previous section. So, it’s almost like another Top 5 Blogs because each feed has its own blog, only different. Just in case you don’t like RSS, I have included blog links as well.
- Coding Horror [blog] – This is Jeff Atwood’s blog’s RSS. Jeff writes about all things Programming. Latest post is about programming quotes. Here’s one from that post: “It should be noted that no ethically-trained software engineer would ever consent to write a DestroyBaghdad procedure. Basic professional ethics would instead require him to write a DestroyCity procedure, to which Baghdad could be given as a parameter.” – Nathaniel Borenstein
- Joel On Software [blog] – Joel runs an interesting blog which always has food-for-thought kind of commentary on things ranging from Software, Programming, all the way to Elevators.
- The Daily Dilbert [blog] – Believe it. Without this little feed, the day is incomplete.
- The Old New Thing [blog] – Another personal blog, this one by Raymond Chen. Interesting views on tech and life.
- You’ve Been HAACKED [blog] – Phil Haack writes about different things relating to Technology and always writes in a manner which is fun to read.
[tag]Tips and Tricks[/tag], [tag]Internet[/tag]